PDA

View Full Version : sparadic spark

Aikidoka
08-19-2003, 09:21 AM
I'm not always getting spark at my plugs. The inside center piece of my cap, the little black knob, was totally worn down after 2 months of use. I got a new cap and still could not start the vehicle. I'm replacing the wires because the old Ford ones are getting hard from heat damage. I check the core wire and had spark there, but I haven't tested it as many times as the plug wires. Any thoughts on possible problems?

msdtech2
08-19-2003, 09:38 AM
Normally if you are getting spark, then it should start, the only thing that may not allow it to start, could be timing issues. It may be possible that if the plug wires are worn or have too much resistance this may create a problem as well. Which components from MSD do you have?
Thanks,
msdtech2

Aikidoka
08-19-2003, 09:46 AM
I have an MSD 6 ignition module, MSD coil, and MSD Ford Pro-Street dist. I just got a new cap because the inside center piece, little black knob, was worn down. The wires are ford racing wires, but I wanted to get MSD 8.5 wires. I got set 31389 but that is a socket set and not correct. I posted in another forum the question of whether or not that cap is HEI connectors and if I should be using set 31329 or 31349. The truck was running fine for two months with all of this and then on the highway it just died.

msdtech2
08-19-2003, 10:29 AM
The wire set that you will need is the PN 35389, this set has for the HEI terminals.
Thanks,
msdtech2