PDA

View Full Version : MSD fuel injectors

GUD_BADOODLES
08-19-2003, 02:13 AM
Hi,

I've seen your new products for 2003 and I am excited about your new sci competition fuel injectors for Honda. I am planning to get a set but I don't know what to get.

Which among your fuel injectors would go well with a 1.5 Liter SOHC engine? it is a 1995 Civic DX. Could you include the serial number for the injectors, o-ring seals and the injector connectors.

Thanks.

msd-forums
08-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Our listing for your particular make indicate it can be two different injectors depending on horsepower output of your motor. PN 2066 is recommended for 106 hp motor and PN 2067 is recommended for 125-127 hp motor. They flow as follows:
PN 2066=198 cc/min
PN 2067=228 cc/min
These are stock replacement injectors. The connector should be a direct fit.
We do offer replacement connectors, PN 2400 Injector Connectors
The injectors include o-rings.

MSD Tech 4

GUD_BADOODLES
08-19-2003, 01:02 PM
so you mean that since they are stock replacement injectors, replacing my honda fuel injectors with the MSD injectors will not really make any difference ?

msdtech1
08-19-2003, 11:08 PM
If your current injectors are not operating at 100% then adding MSD Injectors will help your situation. If you have modified your engine and it is now needing more fuel then adding a larger injector will provide you with the additional fuel to make more power. It all depends on how well your engine is currently running and what you are trying to achieve.

MSD Tech1

GUD_BADOODLES
08-21-2003, 09:00 PM
I understand what you mean.

Does the MSD injector pump out more fuel than my stock Honda civic fuel injector?

msdtech1
08-22-2003, 12:41 AM
Depends on which injector you go with. The PN 2066 flows 198 cc/min and the PN 2067 flows 228 cc/min.

MSD Tech1

GUD_BADOODLES
08-24-2003, 04:28 AM
ok I'll get straight to the point. I want more horsepower out of my little 4 cylinder.
Here's my setup:

1995 Honda Civic DX. 1.5 L4 FI SOHC engine (non Vtec): it has the following modifications:

1. Cold air intake
2. DC sports headers
3. MSD Blaster SS coil, MSD distributor cap, MSD 8.5 mm spark plg wires
4. platinum spark plugs

if the car were just totally stock, it would only get 102 hp. But with these items I'm looking at 110 - 120 hp.

based on these things, do you think it is feasible for me to replace the fuel injectors with the MSD 250 cc/min fuel injectors?

Lastly, with the MSD 6A ignition control, is it absolutely necessary to get an MSD Tach Adapter if all I have is a factory tachometer? If connect the 6A ignition without a tach adapter what happens?

msd-forums
08-25-2003, 04:21 PM
Based on our calculations the 250 cc/min injector my be too large. In Stock trim making 102 HP your car came with 180 cc/min injectors to support up to 110 hp. The 250 cc/min injector will support 160 hp, if you are looking at 120 hp max, you may be a little too large on the injectors. This could cause driveability problems from running too rich in fuel. The factory computer will not be able to control that size injector.

I would suggest trying the MSD 6A without the Tach Adapter first. If your tachometer does not operate correctly or if your engine runs for a few seconds and then dies then you will need to install the MSD Tach Adapter. Basically, on some vehicles with fuel injection a Tach Adapter may be required to run and MSD 6 Series Ignition. This is because many of the injection systems used on late model engines require that the ECU sees that the coil fires before it will allow the fuel injection system to operate. When you install an MSD the coil is basically isolated from the ECU and therefore no longer sees the kick back signal when the coil fires. The MSD Tach Adapter simulates this signal and can provide the ECU or tach with the information it needs to operate properly.

MSD Tech 4

GUD_BADOODLES
08-27-2003, 03:29 PM
How about your 190 cc/min fuel injectors, will fuel run too rich if I put those in my engine?

msdtech1
08-29-2003, 12:03 PM
The 198cc/min, 16 ohm injector, PN 2066 will work fine in your application.

MSD Tech1

GUD_BADOODLES
09-04-2003, 03:24 AM
OK say if I connect the 198 cc/min fuel injectors and it pumps out about 18 cc/min more than the previous injectors:

1. If I have the cold air intake, blaster coil and the 6A ignition installed will it guarantee complete combustion of the additional fuel coming in?

2. Will it affect the stock ECU in any way? that is it will the ECU require any reprogramming since it will be sensing more fuel flow?

3. Or is it simply just plugging in the new injectors and running the vehicle?

msd-forums
09-04-2003, 05:35 PM
Most all factory ECU's will accept a 10% increase in fuel without having any adverse side effects. This calculates to be a 219cc injector in your application, so your 198cc injector will be fine.

MSD Tech 4

megafreakindeth
09-09-2003, 07:01 PM
ey buddy, sorry to say this but your engine is really pathetic. putting all those mods and getting 15 hp from it is just its way of telling you that the engine is pityful. PLEASE go buy a better one, thats where aftermarket stuff will shine. a b16(prelude) or b18(integra) will make your car fly. the engines(save the B18 which i think requires new mounts) are 100% interchangeable and putting all those mods that you already have on your car, onto this engine, would give you around 50 more hp, not 15, cold air alone should give you 15.
Honestly i have no idea why u never questioned your cars lack of hp gain. thats alotta money to be dropping.

msdtech1
09-12-2003, 12:10 AM
ok