PDA

View Full Version : Harley Davidson Twin Cam Fuel Injection Problem

BigTimberBiker
06-28-2003, 11:45 AM
I've been having considerable problems figuring out why my 2002 RoadKing Harley with the Delphi fuel injection system has acquired a low/midrange miss. It resembles a stutter and has been getting worse. I've got around 12,000 miles on the bike and this problem has surfaced in the past thousand miles. I had a stage one SE upgrade done right after I bought it new and added supertrapp exhaust. The plugs burn nice and clean on road trips, but around town they quickly go from total clean and mostly white porcelain to half white and black. I am familiar with Harley's fuel map ECM and think that this is a flaw in their design. I would like to find out from someone out there just what I can do to isolate this "Miss" and resolve it. I live in a small rural town in Montana and don't have a ready access to any good bike shops. I've had it to two of the nearest Harley shops and they either can't "Hear" the miss, or only hook it up to their scanalyzer system which shows nothing...I've been thinking about adding a fuel optimizer manually adjustable unit such as the one that Techlusion makes. Any thoughts on this? I'd appreciate any help I can get with this. Kinda wish I had my 1966 Shovelhead back. It was easy to figure out!!! "Puzzled in Montana"!!!!!!!!!! :)

msdtech1
06-30-2003, 01:34 PM
I am sorry, at this time we do not offer an ignition system for the Twin Cam Fuel Injected Harley. If you feel that it is an ignition problem you can reduce the spark plug gap by about 5 thousands to see if this clears up your problem.

Thank you
MSD Tech 1