PDA

View Full Version : stock HEI?

jamesbbr
08-08-2003, 02:56 PM
Right now I have a stock HEI distributor in my OLDS 403 and I plan on upgrading soon. My question is which would be better the HEI dust cover pn 8401 and a blaster 2 coil or upgrading the HEI module and coil? thanks for your help!

msdtech1
08-08-2003, 04:15 PM
MSD High Energy HEI module, PN 8364 and MSD HEI coil, PN 8225, would give you the most improvement.

MSD Tech1

jamesbbr
08-09-2003, 12:44 PM
thanks for all of your help it is greatly appreciated. I have one more question can the msd 6al take the place of the hei module when used with a blaster 2 coil? does it just wire directly to the distributor when used buy itself. I quess I am just wanting to know if i use the 6al with a blaster2 coil will it take the place of the igniiton module? when I do my upgrade i want to do it in steps and not buy any redundant parts cost is also a concern. Thanks again for all of your help!!!

msdtech1
08-09-2003, 08:27 PM
Yes, the MSD 6A wires directly to the magnetic pickup in your HEI Distributor. You remove the HEI module completely. If you are planning on adding an MSD 6A I would do that first. You will see the most gain from the 6A because of the low speed Multi-Fire feature.

MSD Tech1