PDA

View Full Version : why not w/ DIS-4?

silversid
08-07-2003, 07:39 PM
Thats totaly unfair why wouldnt you allow and put a serial connector on the DIS-4 ignition module so that you can hook up a computer to see everything and know how your car is running i guess im just goint to get a data recorder.

msdtech1
08-07-2003, 10:26 PM
The DIS-4 was not designed for that purpose. It is an Ignition amplifier with built-in rev limit and timing control features. For what your looking at, I suggest a RacePak, Edelbrock or AutoMeter Data Acqusition System.

MSD Tech1

silversid
08-08-2003, 09:03 AM
Okay i agree with the rev limit BUT IT HAS NO TIMING CONTROLS WHAT SO EVER! Unless u consider retarding the timing controlling it.. more like skipping a spark ie rev limiting ? That is the reason why i had wanted the DIS-4 Originall maybe a little timing controlling would be nice but thats not a option the switches for the "max timing" if you change it they do nothing. Not too happy bout that why even put the switches in there then?

msdtech1
08-08-2003, 02:13 PM
The switches are on the unit to provide an easy means to program the units rev limit, launch limit and timing function. If you want to make your unit into a fully PC programmable ignition, then all you have to do is add the MSD Digital Multi-Channel Boost Retard Controller, PN 6562. That unit gives you everything you are asking about.

MSD Tech1

silversid
08-09-2003, 01:27 PM
OKay so i only have to get another part to make the DIS-4 work w/ the prodata+ soft thats cool. I guess that would have to wait. Now back to the switches they are meant to program the rev limit? how so? there were no such instructions about this. I understand setting them but when i do they do nothing i turn on and off ignition for settings to take place then start car nothing.

msdtech2
08-12-2003, 04:40 PM
It sounds like you don't have the instructions, if you go to our website, you can see the instructions and download them, which will give you all the features and how to use them. When you set the dip switches and turn off and on, the key you will not see anything done because the feature that you want to use has to be activated by a wire or has to reach a certain RPM in order to activate.
Thanks,
msdtech2