PDA

View Full Version : msd 6AL

sllt1776
08-07-2003, 04:12 PM
i was just about home and the car just died. i tried to start it but nothing. i tried for quite a while too. every once in a while i would smell fuel...so i knew it had fuel. i let it sit for a while about 10 min. still nothing. i unplugged the msd and plugged in the stock ignition plugs and it started right up. i've only had the box for alittle ove a year....and less than 6000 miles. anyone know what msds' policy is for fixing items. i would like to continue using msd.

msdtech1
08-07-2003, 04:52 PM
Autotronic Controls Corporation warrants MSD Ignition products to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and if properly installed for a period of one year from date of purchase. If found to be defective as mentioned above, it will be replaced or repaired if returned prepaid along with proof of date of purchase. This shall constitute the sole remedy of the purchaser and the sole liability of Autotronic Controls Corporation to the extent permitted by law, the foregoing is exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties or representations whether expressed or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness. In no event shall Autotronic Controls Corporation be liable for special or consequential damages.

Service
In case of malfunction, your MSD component will be repaired free of charges according to the terms of the warranty. When returning MSD components for warranty service, Proof of Purchase must be supplied for warranty verification. After the warranty period has expired, repair service is charged based on a minimum and maximum charge rate. (Contact Customer Service for current rate).
When returning an MSD product for repair, leave all wires at the installed length. Cutting wires close to the unit will void the warranty. Also, include a detailed account of any problems experienced and what components and accessories are installed on the vehicle.
Send the MSD component prepaid to the attention of:

Customer Service Department
Autotronic Controls Corporation
12120 Esther Lama, Suite 114
El Paso, Texas 79936

The repaired unit will be returned as soon as possible after receipt (usually 10 - 14 working days) COD for any charges. For more information on repairs, call our Customer Service Line at (915) 855-7123. Our trained technicians are available from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, mountain time, Monday - Friday.

sllt1776
08-07-2003, 05:15 PM
thankyou very much for your help. i will try and locate my receipt but i'm sure it is over the year. i think i'll look into the service option you mentioned for repair. again thanks.

msdtech1
08-07-2003, 08:35 PM
Your welcome