PDA

View Full Version : 99 Integra non vtec

doob
08-06-2003, 05:13 PM
I autocross a 99 Integra non vtec, B18B1 engine, my operating range is 4k to 7k rpm. The engine is completely stock except for fresh air intake and upgraded exhaust. I always run 100 octane fuel. Do you think ther is any horsepower to be gained in the ignition system?

msdtech1
08-06-2003, 11:46 PM
Depends on how effiecent your engine is running right now. If you are currently burning 100% of the fuel/air mixture that enters the cylinder then adding a hotter ignition will probally not make a big difference. If your engine is running a little rich or you have increased the cylinder pressure some then the you will definately feel a difference. In addition, the other features on the ignition like the rev limiter also add benefits like over rev protection from missed shifts or broken driveline components. In most cases, you should feel improved starting, a smoother idle and better throttle responce.

MSD Tech1

altspace1
08-15-2003, 08:07 AM
I too have the same car and have a question.

I have the Blaster 2 coil and cap. Do I need a seperate ignition unit, and if so what model would you recomend?

Thank you for your time.

msdtech1
08-15-2003, 07:08 PM
What vehicle are you going to put it on, and what is the intend use for the vehicle, ie. drag race, road race, daily driver etc. Also, have you modified the engine and do you run nitrous or a turbo?

MSD Tech1

altspace1
08-17-2003, 02:58 PM
I figured it out actually. You may want your marketing/editing department to go over the instructions that come with modified distributor caps.

Basically, I had to search the Internet on how to hook up the Blaster coil and Cap from stock. Nothing else has been modified from the engine.

Thank you anyway.

msdtech1
08-17-2003, 09:56 PM
I will check into that. Thanks for the tip.

MSD Tech1