PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump Wiring

ErnieDV
08-05-2003, 09:17 PM
My high pressure fuel pump (part #2225) seems to be without nuts for the terminals or instructions. I can find nuts, but I cannot tell which terminal is positive and which is negative.

ErnieDV
08-06-2003, 05:26 PM
I'm disappointed with MSD support...

I had expected an answer the next business day. I've seen other replies since I posted my question. I decided to call the support number at 4:25 pm MST (it is open until 5:00 pm MST) only to be told by the recording to call back during their business hours. Apparently they actually on MDT, not MST!

I'm quite disappointed with this level of service.

msdtech1
08-07-2003, 09:26 AM
Sorry for the delay in posting the answer to your question. All of the Fuel Pumps that we currently have in stock are clearly marked as to which terminal is positive and which terminal is negative. We decided to look at some older pumps that we had just to make sure they where not marked differently. It is important that we provide you with accurate information and therefore your question required additional time to research. Here is the image of the pump showing the positive and negative markings. Hope you will try us again.

MSD Tech1

http://www.msdignition.com/pumppolarity3.jpg

msdtech1
08-07-2003, 09:29 AM
Here is a drawing of the pump and its terminal markings.

http://www.msdignition.com/FuelPumpPolarity.jpg

ErnieDV
08-07-2003, 10:44 AM
Thanks! I appreciate your carefulness. Inaccurate help is of course worse than no help. I was just a little frustrated because a simple job has turned into having a car down for 2 days and the mixup on time zones made it look like MSD didn't know what it was doing.

msdtech1
08-07-2003, 01:57 PM
I appreciate your patience on this one. I even spoke to our phone systems mgr. and he is going to change the message to indicate that we are in the Mountain Time zone. That way the message will not have to be changed every time we switch to Daylight Savings Time.

MSD Tech1

kjmrich
03-13-2005, 12:22 AM
Is it still possible to get images from this topic?

msdtechsupport2
03-14-2005, 02:40 PM
I will try to find the image previously posted and repost it ASAP.