PDA

View Full Version : Integra GSR

Jkdjoefzr
08-04-2003, 09:02 PM
I have a 94 Acura Integra GSR. I'm interested in using your MSD S.C.I. so I can retard timing for Nitrous Oxide use. Questions: Does the module affect the timing curve programmed into the ECU? How adjustable is the amount of retard? Can I use the stock coil,cap, etc.? Is the timing retard adjusted with "chips", a dial or what? The engine is modified: 11.5 static compression,typeR cylinder head, Skunk2 stage1 cams,Skunk2 intake, Skunk2 race programmed ECU, and every bolt on available. I have not purchased Nitrous yet, the car runs 13.8@101mph. I'm trying to get high 12's with a 75 hit of nitrous. Please advise. Thank you.

msdtech1
08-04-2003, 09:14 PM
The MSD Digital SCI, PN 6350, does not change the ignition timing curve in your ECU. When you activate the retard function, it retards the entire curve down whatever amount you set the Digital SCI at. The retard and rev limit adjustments are all on the side of the unit and are adjusted by turning a dial. You can use the stock coil and cap, but I would recommend going with the MSD Cap that has the modification for using an external coil. The Blaster SS, PN 8207, would be a much better coil to use over the stock coil.

MSD Tech1