PDA

View Full Version : Limiter Problem?

UK Racer
04-13-2004, 04:16 AM
Help please. I've just come back from a first weekend of racing using our new Digital 7 system. The car runs fine on the street but when in race mode first gear is great but as soon as I hit top (it's a Glide) the revs seem to limit at around 4400 rpm. I thought it might be something to do with the launch control (as that was set at 4500) so moved that sky high but got the same result - charges hard then, as soon as I shift it won't rev. Any suggestions? I've got just three weeks to the next meeting and no testing opportunities!
Running through the various connections I noticed that the third retard wire (tan) is not earthed. We do not currently use this wire but the instructions do not request it to be earthed. Should it be?

MSDTECH8
04-13-2004, 09:59 AM
UK Racer

Can you please give the model # of the Digital 7 Ignition you are currently using, and a brief description of your application?

MSDTech8

UK Racer
04-13-2004, 11:04 AM
Hi there,
The model is a 7530 (V19 as I remember).
The application is a 477 Ford, CJ heads, tunnel ram, 2x Domi, MSD crank trigger, M*llory dissy, MSD leads, pump fuel + booster, 2 Foggers (although 'rev limiting' occurs without N2O. I have checked output from data logger and RPM drops exactly on 1-2 shift and just won't pick up again. Launch curve is triggered by trans brake, run by rev drop. If you need any more please ask.
Thanks