PDA

View Full Version : Need gapping advise for a Digital 6 Plus

Bluto
08-01-2003, 10:01 AM
Hello...

I have a '96 Impala with a 398cid naturally aspirated 11.5:1 LT1 motor. I'm running NGK TR6 copper plugs that are currently gapped @ .044 Motor has 4k miles on it....putting out 550+hp

I'm running the Digital 6 plus ignition & OEM coil. Total timing is 34deg. Car is run on good ol' California 91 octane. It is a street/strip car, that gets driven about 4k miles a year. I'm running a Dynatech "Dynaspark" Opti.

I'm going to change out plugs this weekend, as I'm experiencing a slight miss...and also to check plug color anyway. Is my current gap ok, or should I be thinking about going a little wider??

Thanks for your response

msdtech1
08-01-2003, 10:26 AM
Your current gap is fine. If you are feeling a miss-fire then I would also check the spark plug wires with and ohmmeter and make sure they have continuity from one end of the wire to the other.

MSD Tech1

Bluto
08-02-2003, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the reply...

As for my miss, and resultant loss of power, I got home last night, popped the hood, and saw that #7 & #4 plugs were arcing slightly. I believe I've found my issue.

Thanks again...

msdtech1
08-03-2003, 08:06 PM
Great, hope you get it fixed. Sometimes checking for a spark when it is dark is a great way to troubleshoot a problem.

MSD Tech1