PDA

View Full Version : MSD Trigger (4316) Broken Wires

YAMA CAT
07-16-2009, 11:14 AM
Let me start by saying I love what a Total Loss System does for our boats.
However I am a little aggravated by the fragility of the triggers. Just installed a brand new T/L on Big Bore Superjet. Maybe two tanks of riding the one of the trigger wires break right next to the epoxy housing. I would say that this was a fluke, but a year before the exact same thing happened to my Flat-Top Superjet.

What can be done to keep these wires from breaking? What do you think maybe causing the breakage? Any warranty on the triggers?
I realize the cost is not much, but man it is frustrating :sneaky2:

tripledsracing
07-19-2009, 07:10 PM
its best to give them a call..i waited for a while before i got a response..but they are great to deal with but not on the forum..lol..

YAMA CAT
07-20-2009, 10:36 AM
I agree. They are much more responsive on the phone. I mainly posted on this forum, to see if anyone had a good solution to prevent this from happening in the future. The old cliche "Pay to Play".

I just wonder if the other motors that use the Multi-Channel Ignition have issues with trigger wires breaking. Or if just the placement of the stator plate on these 61x/62t cases?

msdpstech1
07-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Hello,
We do not normally have issues with the wires breaking and when it does occur it is because the wires have been stretched too tight. There is a one year warranty on the triggers however, so if it happens within this time frame we will replace them for you. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Bret-MSD Powersports