PDA

View Full Version : can any dealers compete with this $ummit # 6AL box price and make a profit ?

dirkdigler
07-06-2009, 04:16 PM
this box retails for $392.40 the jobber price is $294.30
the best i can buy it for from a legitimate warehouse distributor is $199.00 which is 32% off of jobber. can anyone here actually sell this box and make a profit ?

http://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/MSD-Ignition/Product-Line/MSD-6AL-CD-Ignitions/?autoview=SKU%20%C2%A0

QIKGTS
07-12-2009, 07:22 PM
this box retails for $392.40 the jobber price is $294.30
the best i can buy it for from a legitimate warehouse distributor is $199.00 which is 32% off of jobber. can anyone here actually sell this box and make a profit ?

http://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/MSD-Ignition/Product-Line/MSD-6AL-CD-Ignitions/?autoview=SKU%20%C2%A0

Wow... That sucks. Is there another ignition line you can sell that has at least some kind of margin? I hope you can find something...

This is a huge problem with all kinds of manufacturers that only seem to care about moving boxes. Shortsighted profiteers who can't see past the next quarterly report take part in this all the time. It happened with consumer electronics, car audio, etc. This stuff is a commodity now, not a specialized product that commands a premium. MSD should be ashamed of themselves for allowing their product to be WHORED out like that...

I see this as the devaluation of MSD products via their biggest customer, all with MSD's approval. Stupid fools... Allowing this only shows that MSD couldn't care any less about themselves let alone the backbone of their industry. They just don't care about a small speed shop staying in business. Is it because your channel can't move enough boxes? Guess so...

I hoped this day would never come but it has; Now, I won't ever buy another MSD product. EVER. Too bad they won't even care...

The next thing the bean-counting, bottom line-monthly-sales-centric morons at MSD should be paying attention too, but are too friggin' stupid to even think about, is this... "What happens when the WD's can't unload their stock? Where will those boxes wind up?"

Too bad it won't be in the right place... Back up MSD's assssssss....

Let me get out my crystal ball... The next step, after they've allowed their distributors and dealers to go by the wayside, is to just sell it themselves and cut out their dealer network alltogether, except for the "big box" stores. They'll still need them to spend their co-op money for advertising. Watch. I give it 5 years max...

They suck. Fuck 'em and find a product to sell that you can make money with... :cursing: