PDA

View Full Version : Timing control with a 7530

SIXSPEEDDEMON
04-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Can you use a 7530 to control the timiing all the time? Use the retard curve to make a timing map, lockout the timing, and use the key on to activate the start point? Will it retard to RPM or will it only work from the activation point?

SIXSPEEDDEMON
04-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Anybody?

Hello?

SIXSPEEDDEMON
04-10-2009, 08:25 AM
nevermind.....

RUN TIMING CURVE
This is the program for the full ignition timing curve from 800 12,500 rpm. The curve is adjustable
in 0.1 increments every 100 rpm with 25 retard maximum. The Run Timing Curve remains
active at all times.
Note: The Run Timing Curve will be added to any Stage Retards, and Gear Retards that are
activated throughout the run. Maximum retard using the Run Curve is 25.

found my own solution.

Eric David Bru
04-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Double check the manual, but don't you have to use the light and dark blue wires to active this?

...not the key.

EDB

SIXSPEEDDEMON
04-14-2009, 10:32 AM
I have yet to screw with it, when I do, i will let you know how it comes out.

msdtech21
04-16-2009, 10:05 AM
I have yet to screw with it, when I do, i will let you know how it comes out.

If your planning on running it on the street your best bet is to plot out the timing curve in both the run retard curve and the launch retard curve to ensure the timing is the same regardless of what gear your in or which wires were activated/deactivated. Then when your going to race the car you can just upload a different timing curve if you desire.

Thanks,
MSDTECH21

SIXSPEEDDEMON
04-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Finally got it going, did copy the curve to both maps, works great though. You do NOT have to have one of the blue wires activated for it to work. Is completely RPM dependent, and if you have the laptop connected, you can watch it on the screen, very accurate with a timing light.
This thing rocks!!
Side note:
Mechanical advance weights suck, i think all of my timing problems previous to this were due to the worn pieces in the dist.

msdtech21
04-21-2009, 09:03 AM
Glad to hear you got it figured out.

Thanks,
MSDTECH21