PDA

View Full Version : spamming!!!!!!!!!!

sc2dave
04-06-2009, 01:43 AM
can't you guys stop all these pm's i get from members here that are just spam??? It seems that every week i keep getting spam from different people.I'm tired of it. Don't you guys have anything to filter this out?

msd_admin
04-06-2009, 10:20 AM
can you send me a sample...
I'll definitely look into it.

MSD Admin

sc2dave
04-10-2009, 06:29 PM
see , check my mail here and you'll see what i mean.

sc2dave
05-08-2009, 03:12 AM
so have you checked what they have sent me? check my pm box.

Theking
02-13-2010, 02:20 AM
msd_admin I have forwarded one message from the spammers to you knwo

Yesterday they used an accoutn named RooTModerators and today they used TeamModerators

keeps spamming link to viruses etc, spamsites and more shit..

sc2dave
02-13-2010, 01:17 PM
And i still have one pending in my message box!!

sc2dave
02-13-2010, 01:19 PM
can you send me a sample...
I'll definitely look into it.

MSD AdminHAVE you looked into it?

jknightandkarr
02-13-2010, 09:36 PM
So I was right, it was a virus.

Joe

Theking
02-14-2010, 04:01 AM
So I was right, it was a virus.

Joe

ofcourse it was. Moderator or admins would NEVER send PMs asking you to use an online scan for viruses etc.

Theking
02-14-2010, 07:16 AM
MSD ADMINS

PLEASE fix this, today we got more spam in our inboxes from user: Admin&Moderator

Now they have used 3 different nicks: TeamModerators, RootModerator, Admin&Moderator

who apporves this nicks on this forum ? did you say that you accept/enable ALL accounts ? Who have enabled this impersonating nicks on this forum ?

They keep spamming links to virus, spams, adware, spyware and so on..

Below I post a copy of the spam:

Dear, Dallphilt;tireserakos;Malibu Wagon;Theking;Geraldina!

A virus alert was noticed on your computer.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: !!!HIDDEN BY ME SO NONE CLICKS IT!!!!/Dallphilt;tireserakos;Malibu Wagon;Theking;Geraldina
If you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).
----------------------------------------------------
Forum Administration www.msdignition.com.

I have emailed about this 3 days now, and I dont get any answers or response from the moderator or the admin here. Please check it up ASAP
Cause its causing harm to the usersr of this forum.
Or you dont know how to stop it ? Ive been running several forums. by myself and as admin on many. just enable captcha and email activation and the problem is solved. The bots cannot register with this system.

Please contact me in PM or here so we know that you are working on solving this annoying problem

jknightandkarr
02-15-2010, 06:04 AM
ofcourse it was. Moderator or admins would NEVER send PMs asking you to use an online scan for viruses etc.

I know, my grandmother's pc had this virus on it. Flipped the system beyond hell & back. Almost total pc failure. There's not much that worked with that crap in there, and it only looks like a scanner software.:cursing:

Joe

msd_admin
02-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Sorry about the spamming issues. I got those accounts banned and deleted. They were not even registered yet but I think the forum lets you PM while it validates/moderates registration. I have disabled this feature so hopefully this will not happen again.

We do have e-mail confirmation and re-captcha enabled but even then, spammers are relentless.

Again I apologize for inconvenience this has caused.

MSD Admin