PDA

View Full Version : Where is a good starting point?

jmayabb
03-13-2009, 09:59 AM
I have a 7531 box but have never really used its capabilites other than start retard and launch retard. I have a new combo for this year and was wondering if you could give me some ideas of where to start. I have a true 10.5 slick with a stock suspension and an 815 inch n/a motor that will make around 1650 HP. All I have used before is the launch retard but I think I am going to need more than that this time. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

msdtech21
03-17-2009, 11:31 PM
I have a 7531 box but have never really used its capabilites other than start retard and launch retard. I have a new combo for this year and was wondering if you could give me some ideas of where to start. I have a true 10.5 slick with a stock suspension and an 815 inch n/a motor that will make around 1650 HP. All I have used before is the launch retard but I think I am going to need more than that this time. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Really depends on what you have in mind. Call our tech line @ 915-855-7123 so we can discuss this in detail.

jmayabb
03-25-2009, 05:42 PM
Called the tech line and talked with Edgar and Peter. Great guys to talk with. One more question. When using gear 1 retard, does gear 1 activate when the transbrake is on or when it is released? I would think it would retard then the transbrake is released because if not it would retard while on the transbrake and launch rev limiter. Thanks for your help.

msdtech21
03-26-2009, 10:05 AM
Called the tech line and talked with Edgar and Peter. Great guys to talk with. One more question. When using gear 1 retard, does gear 1 activate when the transbrake is on or when it is released? I would think it would retard then the transbrake is released because if not it would retard while on the transbrake and launch rev limiter. Thanks for your help.

Its both at the same time...so if you pull 10* at the launch and 10* in gear 1 it will pull out a total of 20* until the launch retard ramps back in.

:D