PDA

View Full Version : timing advance kit for 8563 distributor

brendafw
07-25-2003, 12:06 PM
My husband is getting the timing advance kit with the extra springs & bushings for the MSD 8563 distibutor in his 1966 GTO. However, the distributor was already in the car when he got it and may have already been adjusted. He didn't get any instructions for the distributor or any extra parts when he got the car.

I'm trying to find out what springs and bushings this distributor would have originally come with so we can tell if something's already been changed. If it doesn't have the original springs and bushings, is there a way to get those in addition to the kit he's already getting?

Also, how can we get instructions for the distributor? I saw that your website has downloadable instructions for several other distributors but not the 8563.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brenda

msdtech2
07-28-2003, 11:20 AM
The springs and bushing that originally comes with the distributor is a Blue bushing, which is 21 degrees of advance and the heavy silver springs. When you purchase the spring and bushing kit, PN 8464 this will come with all the bushings and springs available. You can use the instructions that are in the website, all of our distributors have the same graph charts for the rate of advance for spring and bushing used.
Thanks,
msdtech2