PDA

View Full Version : hooking up blaster2 coil on a honda CRX?

big rich
07-24-2003, 08:24 AM
OK, this is on an 89 honda CRX. I have the blaster2 coil, MSD cap, and MSD wires. Is there anything else I need? How do I go about hooking up the coil?

msdtech2
07-25-2003, 08:48 AM
To hook up the coil, first you will have to completely remove the internal coil and run the wire's that were connected to the original coil and extend them, mark them as to which is positive and negative. You may have to make a hole on the MSD Cap. Some distributors will have a rubber grommet that you may be able to run through. Once you run the wires externally, then install the rotor and new cap, then mount the MSD coil and connect the wires to the Blaster Coil. The only color code I show is that the Blk/yell is the positive.
Thanks,
msdtech2

GUD_BADOODLES
07-27-2003, 03:51 PM
hI!

I do have that same problem and after taking apart the distributor assembly of my 1995 honda civic, i did see that I would have to extend the wiring of the original coil out of the distributor assmbly through the distributor cap and connect them onto my BLASTER SS coil.

My questions are:
1) Does drilling a hole on the MSD Distributor caps have any bad effects on the ignition system.

2) If I am going to drill a hole about 1/2 in size, where is it best to drill the hole on the MSD Distributor cap?

msdtech2
07-28-2003, 10:57 AM
Drilling a hole will not have bad effects on the ignition, when drilling the hole; drill on the side that is the shortest route for the wires and not to get into any moving internal parts. Also a place that the wires can be mounted where the original mounting holes for the coil, to keep them from moving around. The hole size could be around 3/8, just enough for the red and white wires to go through.
Thanks,
msdtech2