PDA

View Full Version : MSD DIS-2 sputtering

prowrestlingstudent
07-23-2003, 04:07 PM
i am havin an issue with the msd setup itself. basically under load when driving, it sputters and sounds almost as if it wants to die out. the car jerks as its trying to accelerate.

however, when i put the stock relay plug in, its all fine.

i was using accel 8mm wires, with the radio noise suppression, but now i have switched to the msd 8.5mm wires super conductor. still the same issues.

its on a 99 chevy cavalier. i also use the adapter blocks and coil packs both made by MSD.

any ideas on why this is all of a sudden happening. it was running fine for the last 2 months, then all of a sudden this money, its started to act up? :(

msdtech2
07-23-2003, 05:40 PM
I would recommend checking all the connections at the Dis-2 harness, and also at the wires that go into the 8870 Block Interface, make sure there is no burnt marks on the block itself or loose connections. Look at the LED light on the Dis-2 and see if it is blinking or if it is a steady light on. If it is blinking on and off, indicates a voltage problem or poor ground to the unit. It should be a constant light on, when running. Let me know.
Thanks,
msdtech2