PDA

View Full Version : your first "shocking" experience...


sc2dave
07-17-2008, 06:29 PM
I just had my first shock with an MSD box. It's from an mc-3 motorcycle ignition.My left hand was n the bare aluminum frame when i slid it towards the coil. I ended up touching one of the terminals and BAM, i got a nasty shock. My hand stiffened really quick until i used my body to pull away.I was dazed for a while.My index finger that touched the terminal was warm and it felt swollen. I even had about 4 little blisters where it was making contact with the terminal.Needless to say,i will apply silicone over the terminals. This is NOT something that i want to have repeated.So, when was your first "shocking" experience?

msd_admin
07-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Funny but almost everybody gets stung! I was tuning my carb, i had a canister type coil on the fender wall, mounted vertically, i was bent over with my chest right touching the coil lead and my hands were on the carb, i just felt a huge shock to my chest and the car actually surged and i felt the power, man that stung, learned my lesson. Handle with care!!:cursing:

benesesso
03-10-2009, 09:11 AM
He's lucky. The Thunderbolt ignition warning on Mercury outboard motors cautions that it can be lethal.