PDA

View Full Version : how to draw the dots for rev lim

ed hess
04-21-2008, 08:25 AM
hopefully i will use the correct terminology here so bear with me.
I cant seem to figure out how to draw LIMITING DOTS above rpm line from a history file for time based rev limiting i.e traction control.

Can someone give me the exact step by steps here to do this?

I think my problem comes from the assumption that i should be able to copy an rpm curve from one window to another and then draw the dots above this line. copy curve is always grayed out in history file window.

is there a switch i have to turn on?

so anyway if someone can reply with a DRAWING DOTS FOR IDIOTS it would be very helpful?

secondly once you have your limiting curve what steps exaclty are used to send it back to the box?

thanks
ed

ed hess
04-22-2008, 01:12 PM
I think i may be answering my own qusetion here...

but it appears to me you basically have to draw the dots in a separate window and keep referencing back to your history rpm while doing so.

is this right?

ed

msdtech21
05-04-2008, 11:45 PM
ED,

Sorry for the delay, You could do that if you wanted to, but there is an easier way to do so. Open the .ACQ file of a really good run. Then in the history file window open up the trace analysis box. Click "VIEW" => "Trace/Analysis Box"

Then in the RevLimit file open the Trace/Analysis box (Same as above). Move the two boxes side by side of each other and drag the RPM from the first window (history file) into the second one (RevLimit). At this point the RPM should be in RevLimit file window. Then you can trace the file. A good place to start is about 200-300 RPM above the RPM.

Thanks,
MSDTECH21

ed hess
05-05-2008, 04:36 PM
ED,

Sorry for the delay, You could do that if you wanted to, but there is an easier way to do so. Open the .ACQ file of a really good run. Then in the history file window open up the trace analysis box. Click "VIEW" => "Trace/Analysis Box"

Then in the RevLimit file open the Trace/Analysis box (Same as above). Move the two boxes side by side of each other and drag the RPM from the first window (history file) into the second one (RevLimit). At this point the RPM should be in RevLimit file window. Then you can trace the file. A good place to start is about 200-300 RPM above the RPM.

Thanks,
MSDTECH21

thnaks

I knew there had to be away to do this without having to constantly keep switching back and forth between windows.

is that in the manual someplace cause i swear i couldnt find it?

ed

msdtech21
05-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Ed,

I really dont know. Most of this stuff I learned by watching other guys working with the software. I should sit down and read the manual to see what's in there and what isn't.

Thanks,
MSDTECH21