PDA

View Full Version : turbo car on chassis dyno

bowtiess
02-25-2008, 02:06 PM
I am planning on running my turbo car on a chassis dyno this week. I have my dark blue wire hooked to the Transbrake switch and the light blue wire hooked to my brake peddle light switch.

It have it set to record when the tb is released.

I want to make sure I log my dyno pulls on the 7531!

What do I need to do to insure it will record when i make the dyno runs?
Just hit the transbrake button before i start the pull?

Thanks
EWW

Eric David Bru
02-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Immediately prior to the dyno pull apply 12v to the light blue wire and then remove it. (Push your brake pedal)

Then cycle your dark blue wire on your t-brake.

Make sure you have your programming set to start recording when the dark blue wire is removed from 12v since you will not be able to put it on the 2-step while on a dyno.

Also, (I might be wrong on this) but I think if you hit your brake pedal at the end of the pull the box will reset again... Double check on that as I always get confused on that one...

I am at work right now, so I cannot look at my software, but this should help you out some.

EDB

bowtiess
02-25-2008, 03:47 PM
So, I should change my setting from "arm launch rev limit" to "arm launch"?
That way I dont have to hit the RPM setting.
Also,I guess I should disconnect the transbrake wire at the tranny,but have the drk blue still see 12 volts.

I think it will reset if I hit the transbrake button after a run.. heck I dont know. Thats why I am askin! lol
Thanks Alot
EWW

Eric David Bru
02-25-2008, 07:41 PM
You are correct.

EDB

msdtech18
02-27-2008, 12:04 PM
One of the things that you may want to consider is to simply disconnect your trans brake so that you could apply power to the dark blue wire at anytime. This way the unit does not run out of recording time. Trying to dyno from a complete stop could be difficult.