PDA

View Full Version : my experience with msd

neonracer
01-07-2008, 01:10 AM
well to be honest is nothing short of a huge disappointment. The products i did use died out within a year or just after, and probably caused some engine damage because of it. also i've emailed their tech department a couple times in the past and received no replies and no help whatsoever. just a week ago i sent another email to them and still no replies. in my experience thats bad business. but what do i know i'm just the dumb consumer right? well i'm removing all of the msd parts i have installed and throwing them out. also i'm switching to another performance companys product that will respond to emails, back their product, and produce a quality part not a substandard one.

Eric David Bru
01-07-2008, 10:21 AM
I have had fantastic service from MSD...

Have you tried calling their tech line??

EDB

neonracer
01-08-2008, 10:43 PM
well if they won't even respond to my email questions why should i call them. besides i don't see any msd rep/tech even trying to remedy the problem here on the forum even.

msdtech21
01-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Sir,

Normally I'm the one that answers emails and I really dont recall you sending in an email. I keep copies of all emails that are sent in, but our email server crashed over the Christmas/New Year holidays. Why dont you resend you email to email address sent to you through PM so we can see what needs to be done to resolve your problem.

Thanks,
MSDTECH21

tripledsracing
06-17-2009, 04:37 PM
well if they won't even respond to my email questions why should i call them. besides i don't see any msd rep/tech even trying to remedy the problem here on the forum even.

i agree u pay a fortune for a ignition and need a lil help and no response what so ever also sent a email and nuttin neither..and if u are happy with your ignition thank the good lord above u dont have a problem because if u did u would not get a bit of help...im gonna throw this piece of crap ignition over the hill..and i have alot of good friends on a bunch of sites and i will be sure to tell them to never buy i msd anything..thanks for no help:tongue_smilie:

KarateSensei
06-19-2009, 06:56 AM
I have run NOS on my cars since 1978, I had an old MSD 6A back then and never had an issue. I always respected the MSD product design team and the developments and improvements over the years were adequate. Recently though I have had my MSD Digital 6 Plus act up causing misfire then no start. Following the trouble shooting instructions which are very poorly written failed to catch the actual failure mode causing me to replace the Digital 6 (as per the trouble shooting guide). It turned out to be a bad MR pickup in the MSD Distributor (yes, it read in spec).
My biggest complaint is the poor diagnostic instructions, I could very easily improve the method, flow and effectiveness with my expereinces alone. The tech line was no help. Anyone want to buy a Digital 6 Plus?
:angry:

tripledsracing
06-19-2009, 08:06 AM
do like im gonna do throw it over a hill so nobody else has to go through this crap..i have waited over 9 days and not even a email and i have missed 3 weeks of racing due to no ignition so im going to dyna ignition which is what i usually run on my bikes and never have a prob but if i did i bet they would help a guy out..anyway good luck..

msdtech1955
07-07-2009, 09:56 AM
shoot us your phone number...

COPO
11-08-2009, 01:08 PM
I too have sent emails in the past with no replies. Sad. Maybe the emails are going to an offshore location where they can't read english. I've always said, you get what you pay for and this includes the IT jobs going offshore and other Countries having no clue how the operation works or how to follow processes. I've seen IT monitoring returning back to the US and Canada because of screwups. Keep it in the US and Canada and you'll have a better call centre. One thing you don't screw with is the customer. Word of mouth travels like wild fire and the last thing you want to happen is to go out of business because you have a couple of rotten apples working for you. Some people working just don't give a rats ass and management needs to go in and clean house from time to time.