PDA

View Full Version : 7531 and Prodata

bowtiess
11-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Hi,
I have a 7531 box that I plan on using with my new laptop. My laptop came with Vista... I purchased the IOGEAR adapter.. I downloaded the version 3.17 ProData from the MSD link. Should I have 2 MSD icons on my computer? I only have the MSD graph View icon..

I followed the paper instructions that came with the 7531 box . The instructions say to Go to FILE and Click OPEN.. Select your Version.....( I did this on the MSD graph View)

Thats where I am lost.. Do I start with Version 1 being it is my first time making changes to the factory settings????
Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Eddie

Eric David Bru
11-24-2007, 10:35 PM
...The instructions say to Go to FILE and Click OPEN.. Select your Version.....( I did this on the MSD graph View)

Thats where I am lost.. Do I start with Version 1 being it is my first time making changes to the factory settings????
Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Eddie

If I recall correctly, your version will show up on the left side of the Pro Data screens. Look in the Product Connected area.

My box is 1 year old and came with the version 9 software.

Try this and post back if you see what I mean.

EDB

bowtiess
11-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Eric.
Thanks for the help...
I found my IOGEAR adapter wasnt plugged to the correct port. After finding this, I was able to see that my version is # 9.

Thanks
EWW

Eric David Bru
11-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Good to see you got it working.

EDB

msdtech21
11-26-2007, 09:04 AM
Sorry for the delay we took a 4 day weekend due to the holidays. I'm glad to hear that you got your problem solved.

Thanks,
MSDTECH21

bowtiess
11-26-2007, 08:10 PM
I guess I am missing something here. I went to MSD link to download the newest version that is supposed to work with Vista.. I clicked on the link and downloaded it.., but I can only get the Graph Save software icon to load on my computer..
Shouldnt I have 2 icons on my desktop? Both the Pro-data and the graph save?
Eddie

msdtech22
11-27-2007, 08:02 AM
GraphView is the only 'icon' you will need for the PN 7531 ignition.

The GraphSave is for the ignitions used with MSD Magnetos.