PDA

View Full Version : Pro Data Software School

nov0798
09-14-2007, 05:08 PM
Why doesnt MSD offer some type of school on using the Pro Data software? Just a 1-2 day class on its features, etc, and how to use them. I realize that you offer instructions, however some people learn faster by seeing, rather than by reading.

Thanks

msdtech4
09-25-2007, 09:01 AM
nov0798,

If you contact us via phone and we walk you through it a short phone call will explain everything. When you send us your files requested on your other post we will be glad to go over everything with you.

Thanks,

MSD tech4

Eric David Bru
09-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Or post your questions on the board or PM some of us.

I'll help you if I can, and I know others will to.

EDB

540elcamino
09-26-2007, 02:56 PM
This board is great, and if not for it I probably would not have purchased my digital 7 box. Its a great forum but I very much understand his point. Installation and configuration would be much easier interactively. Maybe MSD could do a online class or develop a downloadable video.

A tech monitored chat room would help a lot.

Its daunting when moving from a traditional ignition system to a crank triggered digital box. I am pretty good with this type of stuff and it still confused me for a while.

msdtech21
10-23-2007, 04:13 PM
This board is great, and if not for it I probably would not have purchased my digital 7 box. Its a great forum but I very much understand his point. Installation and configuration would be much easier interactively. Maybe MSD could do a online class or develop a downloadable video.

A tech monitored chat room would help a lot.

Its daunting when moving from a traditional ignition system to a crank triggered digital box. I am pretty good with this type of stuff and it still confused me for a while.

The chat room could have some disasterous effects as far as spammers and bots linking to way off topic sites. Besides when do we get to race if were always monitoring the chat room! On a lighter note, interactive learning and teaching is the best method as I have yet to see two cars that use the same setup.

flip3
11-01-2007, 07:36 PM
where can i purchase a inductive ignition module 4 my 8360 ready to run dist:thumbup:

msdtech22
11-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Your question has been answered on the other post.

Please DO NOT double post as this creates extra work for us and only duplicates answers which takes valuable time that we could be using to help other customers.

THis is the answer:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, we do not offer a replacement module for that Ready-to-Run distributor. That will need to be sent into us or repair. If the distributor is under a year from date of purchase, it will be covered under warranty. That will be no charge for the repair; however, you will be responsible for the shipping charges into us. A copy of the sales receipt must accvompany the repair if under warranty.

The cost for the repair, if out of warranty, begins at $23.00 to a maximum of $111.00. Although the upper limit on the repair would be a complete rebuild of the distributor, if necessary. Usually we do not completely rebuild the distributors unlaess we feel it requires it or requested by the sender.

Before sending that distributor into us for repair, call the tech line at 915-855-7123 and ask to speak to the RMA clerk. They will issue a number that we will use to track that repair through our facility throughout the repair process. You can also go online at: www.msdignition.com/rma and get an RMA number there.

Make sure you keep track of that RMA number as you will be asked for that number when calling and inquiring about the repair.