PDA

View Full Version : Questions on GraphView & Data Acq

Seattle_Mike
08-08-2007, 09:30 AM
I guess I should of posted this in this forum vs the Application section since I received no answers.

Can someone tell me the difference between MSD to Plot and Acq to Plot in the History File window?

Also, the first pass of the day always acquires data fine...I select View Launch History, History File 1, View & Save the .acq file on the laptop. Second and following runs, I select View Launch History and all I see is what looks like the engine idling data, not the pass that was just made. If I don't select one of the Transfer options in the History File window, does it not function correctly or ??? Does it stay stored on the ignition box and prevent the next acquisition unless "Transfer" is used?

The light blue and dark blue wires are being sequenced each pass, so not sure what's going on other than operator error This is with a 7531 box. Is there some download sequence I'm doing wrong that is preventing the second and subquential runs not to record?
Thanks

msdtech22
08-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Your question has been forwarded to another tech. Expect an answer soon.

Seattle_Mike
08-09-2007, 05:06 PM
still waiting...:blink:

msdtech22
08-10-2007, 08:18 AM
Your question has been re-forwarded to another tech. hopefully you/we will get an answer soon.

msdtech21
08-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Sorry for the delay. One of our techs had answered this thread (or so he thought, I’m guessing he forgot to click on post reply), but I will step in here and help. The ACQ to Plot is used in the launch history window to download the .ACQ from the MSD ignition to the laptop. Then you click on FILE=>SAVE ACQ AS…=>and save the file on to your hard drive. This is only done in the Launch History window.

The MSD to Plot is used in instances where you accidentally zeroed out the curve in the RevLimit, Boost Retard Curve, or Gear Retard Curve windows so you can actually see what is programmed into the unit at that point. The Plot to MSD is used in the same windows to allow you to apply your changes made in any of these windows without having to do a complete transfer which takes longer.

For your second question it sounds like the dark blue wire is getting triggered accidentally after you make a pass either after you shut it down or on the return road. Open up your .ACQ file in the History File 1 window. Uncheck all boxes by clicking on the “ON” button and the “TIER” button until all of the boxes are unchecked. Then go ahead and click on the left hand boxes on the RPM, RevLim, Gear, and RevLaun categories. Now starting on the left side of the file use the mouse to follow through the run and look at the data, if the RevLaun is on and shows that the motor was on the limiter or on at all (depending on how you have the MSD box set to record the ACQ) then the gear should be back down at 1 and may or may not switch into 2 when it picks up an RPM drop of approx. 600 RPM.

You can also send us some of your ACQ files and we can look them over to see if we can help figure it out. The part of the dark blue wire being sequenced on accident happens a lot more often than most people think, especially when there is a switch that isn’t adjusted properly or if the transbrake button is on the shifter where it can be punched on accident.

Thanks,
MSDTECH21