- Designed to fit low in the block to clear firewall and intake combinations
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and Dupont Rynite base is designed for standard Chevrolet blocks
- Adjustable slip collar for engines with modified deck heights
- 0.500” taller for extra tall Chevrolet based engine blocks
- Oversized polished steel shaft with a QPQ coating for friction reduction
- Shaft is guided by a sealed ball bearing and an extra long sintered bushing
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- O-ring seals can be added to modified blocks to improve oil pressure control
- Supplied with small, low crab style distributor cap, rotor and bronze gear
- Must be used with an MSD Crank Trigger and MSD Ignition Control
- No CARB Exemption Order Number
The MSD Crab Cap Distributors are built specifically for racing engines with almost no room for a distributor due to tunnel rams or blowers. The distributor is equipped with a special low-profile crab style distributor cap to allow it to fit in extremely tight areas. The housing features two optional O-rings at the bottom that improve oil control by preventing oil pressure loss. Also, a small oil bleed hole located in the base sprays oil on the distributor and camshaft gears to prevent excessive wear. Since this is a racing distributor, there is an adjustable slip collar to make up for engines that have had the distance between the mounting surface and the gear modified. Crowning this distributor is MSD’s own Crab Cap! This cap incorporates spark plug style terminals for a better connection and grip to the plug wires.
Must be used with and MSD 6, 7, 8 or 10 Series Ignition.
Must be used with a Crank Trigger.