- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts Cap-A-Dapts)
- Must be used with an MSD Ignition Control
- No CARB Exemption Order Number
This distributor uses a high-output magnetic trigger to fire an MSD Ignition Control. Accurate trigger signals and spark delivery are the responsibility of the QPQ-coated steel shaft. A sealed ball bearing and long sintered bushing hold this shaft stable at any rpm. An adjustable mechanical advance mechanism is mounted on top of the shaft. Nylon pads ensure smooth movement of the fine balanced weights for accurate timing advancement. A variety of advance stop bushings and springs are supplied so you can dial-in a custom curve.
Must be used with an MSD 6, 7, 8 or 10 Series Ignition.
For Buick engines: 215, 300, 340, 350